9/13/11

Fall

Fall is fast approaching and we are almost done with our canning. I believe we have canned enough tomatoes, froze enough watermelon, cantaloupe, green peppers, and onions, to last until next season. However we still have peppers to do, and grape juice to make. (Maybe some applesauce. I love homemade applesauce.)
Our garden didn't do as well as we hoped as this was its first year (we moved in our new home about a year and a half ago). But we did get a lot of watermelon and cantaloupe and thanks to a few good friends (who has two green thumbs) we were able to stock our pantry. I'm sure ours will do much better next year.
Fall is by far my favorite season. I can't wait for the leave to start changing. So go put cinnamon potpourri in the slow burner, throw on a blanket, and grab a good book.
What is your favorite season? How did your garden do this season? Do you can your vegetables and fruit?

No comments:

Post a Comment